Apr 7, 2011

Like a Restless Child

God's been teaching me a lot about waiting.  Like a restless child, I often refuse, not knowing what my Father has in store.  I feel decisions need to be rushed, projects completed, deadlines met.  

Wait.
For a sweet word from His lips.
Wait.
For a lamp unto my feet.
Wait.
For a light unto my path.
Wait.
In stillness.
Wait.


Not moving, but allowing Him to move.
Not seeing, but allowing Him to guide.
Not knowing, but resting in His wisdom.

Wait.


And trust.

Because a child knows her daddy's voice.
And when He's ready for her to move,
She'll know.
But for now, I wait. 


I serve the Author of time.  He is not bound by the constraints I daily see. One of my friends introduced me to this video the other night.  I couldn't stop thinking about it once she showed it to me, mostly because I've been so hammered with theme of "wait" and "rest" lately.  Though Janette's poem is about relationships, I think the heart of the poem is about submission to Christ in every aspect of life, trusting that His plan is the best.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  I want the guy she describes, and I want to be the woman she details.



P.S. The best part of the video (in my humble opinion) starts around 5:30 : )



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait....and be renewed
wait...as the watchman wait for the morning..wow!! serve Him...what a powerful video...great God glorifying comments..love u

 
 
Copyright © this is me
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com